Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Cool Down Exercise: How Did I Find My Center This Week?

I’ve been thinking all week about what fun thing I would go out and “do” for my cool down exercise…maybe buy some canvas and paint, head to the farmer’s market, try out a new recipe, head to an art gallery to soak in all the yummy color and light...

Then a huge box arrived. A special Fed-Ex delivery from my sister in California. Despite the fact she’s moving a 3,000 square foot home and dealing with all the emotional stuff that inevitably comes with leaving your family home for a new one, managing her own candles, soaps and lotions business (www.jbellaboutique.com), and raising a daughter, she sends me a box full of girly stuff my one-year-old daughter would enjoy, and lots of my favorite goat’s milk soaps for me, of course! Who does that? She does. That’s just Jenny. My sister is the most giving, thoughtful person I’ve ever met in my life.

So, I thought about her the whole day. Not only did she fill my day with California sunshine, she reminded me how powerful a kind act can be. Most of all, she reminded me just how important the support of others is while perusing your dream. So I thanked her. I thanked her for the box of goodies and then some. It felt good. Better than picking out the perfect tomato or the first sip of French roast. And I do so love doing those things.

How about you? Tell me what your “cool down” exercise was this week. New to The Lit Coach’s Guide? Read the “The Cool Down: Coming Back to Center” and let’s chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts! Feel free to share with us your success stories or tips.